- This is a great little utility tool to help organize and manage the layouts within a solution.
- To create records of the layouts in the solution and allow the developer a simple tool for finding and managing the layouts.
- By using global variables for the layout titles, you can change the name of the layout without having to actually/physically change the name of the layout.
- Can be used with a value list to move between layouts
- Virtual Value List (Optional)
- zPrependWithByteOrderMarks ( used for controlled value list sort order )
- zLayout ( simple sql query for getting the layout name )
Included by not required:
- Dynamic Records Toolbox (Modular Scripts)
Welcome to Dynamicus ( A Modular FileMaker Project )
Purpose: Go somewhere, do something
Toolbox: A compilation of modular, parameter heavy scripts
– Create one or multiple records or requests and set the field values with solution.record [master]
– Go to a layout ( using various window controls ) with core.control [go to layout]
– Set field values to multiple fields through script parameter with core.record [set fieldvalue]
+ A bunch of other modular scripts ( core.utility [dialog] , core.window [name] , core.window [mode] , and more )
This project was started before the New Script Workspace, therefore some of the modular scripts may seem useless on account we can now type our scripts, making scripting process a lot faster. Anyway, hope this file helps.
Special Thanks to:
Modular FileMaker ( modularfilemaker.com ) for promoting modular coding practice, and to Propagator (from Modular FileMaker) for giving me the idea to create my version of Propagator.